Thursday, January 20, 2022

Battle of Crimissos 341 BC - Command and Colors Ancients Game

 


View of armies deployed from the Carthaginian side


View from the Syracusan side


Carthaginian four horse chariot


Hasdrubal leads the Sacred Band


Here are some photos of a Command and Colors Ancients game, the Battle of Crimissos, that Rick and I played down at the Vikings Club about five years ago. I was Hasdrubal and commanded the Carthaginians, while Rick was Timoleon and commanded the Syracusans. I can't really remember what happened but I think the Carthaginians won!



Syracusans attack


Carthaginian right flank is intact



Side view of the game



Carthaginians reinforcements make it across the Crimissos



Syracusans suffer heavy losses


No comments:

Post a Comment

Minoan Bull-Leapers

  Here is a set of Minoan Bull-Leapers that I've just painted. The figures are by Eureka Miniatures who have just released some great ci...