Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Anglo-Scottish Border Buildings

 










Here are three unpainted Anglo-Scottish border buildings that I've just finished gluing and assembling. They are mdf kits by Sarissa Precision that I will use for my Border Reivers. I've added some unpainted figures for a bit of scale. For rules I'm planning on using Border Wars by Flags of War for skirmish games and Billhooks Deluxe for slightly larger games.

The first building above is a small bastle house with options for a ladder or stairs. It has two levels, the lower part being the barn for animals. All three buildings come with removable roofs. The second building below is a stone crofters’cottage and the third is a Scottish longhouse. They're great kits, really detailed and fairly easy to assemble and will look even better when painted.











8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Michal, Sarissa make some great buildings.

      Delete
  2. The Bastle House is great - the other two I am not so sure on - the chimneys look odd to me - but perhaps they really were that tall back then - I am from Scotland originally but not the Borders, so I am more used to "but and ben" type cottages.
    Great to see another convert to the Border reivers period - I look forward to seeing this develop via your blog. If you are interested, my own Reiver Journey starts about here https://1808534.blogspot.com/2020/09/first-batch-of-reivers-completed.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, you may well be right, I’m not too sure about the chimney size in the cottages! It’s an interesting period for sure and I’ll check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking buildings already it'll be good to have a before and after, once you've painted them!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, I’ll do an after painted shot with some painted Reivers.

      Delete
  5. Nice looking terrain piece, Mike. Can't have too much of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, Sarissa do make some nice buildings.

      Delete

Hittite vs New Kingdom Egyptians ADLG Game

  Hittites and Egyptians deployed Opposite end Hittite left flank Hittite right flank Egyptian left flank Egyptian right flank Armies close ...