Friday, February 9, 2024

Warring States Chinese - Han Chariot and Qin Horse Archers

 








Here's a Han chariot and some Qin horse archers that I've just finished painting. The chariot is by Casting Room Miniatures and the horse archers are by John Jenkins Designs sold by Eureka Miniatures. This is the start of my Warring States Chinese Qin and Han armies, mainly I'll be using the brilliant John Jenkins Designs figures but have some of the Casting Room Miniatures Han range as well. An exhibition from China, The First Emperor at the NSW Art Gallery in Sydney in 2010, got me interested initially in this period and when Eureka Miniatures in 2021 released the John Jenkins Designs range based on the Terracotta Army I couldn't resist.











8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Michal, the John Jenkins Designs figures are fantastic.

      Delete
  2. Painting a chariot is a good way to kick off the project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan, I do enjoy painting chariots, got a few to go.

      Delete
  3. Great stuff - funny how you got inspiration - my wife and I were lucky enough to visit China for 11 days back in 2019 (I think!) and amongst places we went was part of the Great Wall near Beijing - since then, I have had a partly formed idea about doing something Chinese in a wargaming sense - nothing has really come of it yet, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is indeed. I think if you visit a place it makes it seem more personal and relevant, there’s a lot of options there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely figures again, Mike. The four-horse chariot is very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, the John Jenkins Designs chariots are superb.

      Delete

Hittite vs New Kingdom Egyptians ADLG Game

  Hittites and Egyptians deployed Opposite end Hittite left flank Hittite right flank Egyptian left flank Egyptian right flank Armies close ...