Sunday, July 14, 2024

Arab Heavy Cavalry

 




Here are some Arab heavy cavalry from the Gripping Beast plastic set that I've just finished painting for my Islamic armies. I have a box of the plastic GB light cavalry to paint as well but have more Perry horse archers and infantry to finish before them. I find an initial aim of a 24 point Lion Rampant force works well as motivation for completing units for a game and is very achievable as you usually only need five or so units a side. I will use these as Seljuks and Syrians against my Crusaders and Byzantines.






8 comments:

  1. Impressive cavalry again, Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the GB mounted Arab sets other than having to place green stuff around the horses neck, I like that you have so many options and can kit bash between sets. You did an excellent job as always.

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kevin, yes the necks on the horses aren’t great. The forthcoming Victrix Islamic sets look amazing.

      Delete
  3. They look great, very nice painting and they look decent figures too!

    ReplyDelete

Carthaginians versus Republican Romans ADLG Game

  View of the table from the Carthaginian side From the Roman side Side view Carthaginian left flank Carthaginian centre Last Tuesday aftern...