Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Hittites



Hittite and Allied three crew and two crew chariots








Here are some 15mm Hittites that I'll use for a DBA army amongst other things. The figures are by Essex Miniatures, Magister Militum and Black Hat Miniatures. The back drop photo is of the reconstructed walls at Hattusa, the ancient Hittite capital, (modern Bogazkale, formerly Bogazkoy). I'll post some photos of Hattusa and other Hittite sites soon. I also have a 28mm Hittite army and will post photos of that as well.


Canaanite Javelinmen and Hittite Archers


Hittite Guardsmen and Command


Anatolian Spearmen and Command


Hittite Army arrayed inside the walls of Hatusa

12 comments:

  1. Thanks Jonathan, the Hittites are one of my favourite Bronze Age armies, I've got them in two scales...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive, Mike! Love the use of multiple makers, as well as the historic backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful figures and great presentation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, I've got a few more 15mm Bronze Age armies to finish painting.

      Delete
  4. Lovely looking Hittites!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete

Sumerian Archers

  Here are two units of Sumerian Archers I've just finished painting. These are mainly Warlord/Cutting Edge figures from their Early Hou...