Thursday, January 23, 2020

Sassanid Elephants











Here are three Sassanid elephants and crew that I've just finished painting. Two of these are Lurkio Miniatures and the one in the middle is AB Figures. I'm on a bit of a 15mm kick at the moment and and have more of the AB Figures Sassanids based and undercoated, ready to paint. One of the ellie blankets actually has a 28mm LBM Sassanid shield transfer with a boss hole in the middle. I was too lazy to touch it up and thought I might ruin it in the attempt! I also have quite a large 28mm Sassanid army which I have started painting. The back drop photo was taken in Turkey, near Goreme in Cappadocia in 2011.







10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, the 15mm is fun to paint for a change.

      Delete
  2. Great looking paint jobs mate

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt, I'll have to get on to my 28mm Sassanids as well.

      Delete
  3. Very nice elies - I like your use of the 28mm transfer too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, the 28mm transfers worked well, I did the same with a Carthaginian elephant.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Michal, colourful army, the Sassanids.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan, there will be a lot of nice 15mm ancient ranges available as plastics soon with the PSC releases.

      Delete

Macedonian Hypaspists

  Here's a guest post by Garry with some Macedonian Hypaspists he's just painted. Figures are a mix of Essex Miniatures and A&A ...