Saturday, February 1, 2020

Early and Late Achaemenid Persians



Vendel Egyptian Marines


Minifig & Newline Persian Slingers


Vendel & Old Glory Persian Sparabara & Archers


Greenwood & Ball Persian Immortals



Here are some old pics of my Early and Late Achaemenid Persians that I had on my old blog Satrap Miniatures. I found them while searching through my old photos and cleaning up my hard drive. I have heaps of old photos stretching back to 2011 and earlier, so will post some of these as the clean up continues!



Hinchliffe Cardaces

Mixed bag of Persian Cavalry

Old Glory, Vendel & Tin Soldier Persian Heavy Cavalry 


Old Glory, Essex, Foundry, Newline & Tin Soldier Persian Heavy Cavalry 

12 comments:

  1. Very neat to see old photos of your armies. I really like the Egyptian marines in the long skirts. I have not seen Egyptians in that garb. What period are the Egyptians?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jonathan, they date to Xerxes invasion of Greece in 480 BC. A great book to get is Duncan Head's Montvert book The Achaemenid Persian Army. Xyston do some in 15mm and they have best Early and Late Achaemenid Persian ranges around in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Michal, it's a motley old collection of Persians.

      Delete
  4. Your Persians are just awesome, wonderful work, love these subtile yellow shades...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, I'm looking forward to the release of the Atlantic and Victrix plastic Persians.

      Delete
  5. Excellent mate, the collection is coming along nicely

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt, these are old figures I painted years ago, the Persians are still one of my favourite armies, although they're rubbish under most rules.

      Delete
  6. Wow - those are all beautifully painted, Mike. I've hesitated in the past about Persians, but yours make a fine case to build an army of them. I particularly like the hooded slingers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, they're such a colourful army. The Atlantic and Victrix plastic Persians will be released in the next few months, perfect time to get some!

      Delete
  7. Great looking Persian force!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, I have early and late Persians in 28mm and 15mm, definitely a favourite army!

      Delete

Tlaxcallan Command and Archers

  Here are some Tlaxcallan command stands and archers. The command figures with vine and crane banners are by the Assault Group and the arch...