Friday, June 7, 2024

Border Buildings, Civilians and Livestock

 


Civilians and Livestock


Bastle with stairs


Bastle with ladder




Here are some Border buildings, civilians and livestock that I've just finished painting to use in my Border Reivers games. The buildings are by Sarissa Precision and Warbases. I've done a quick and dirty paint job on these but will touch them up, silver the wood and paint individual stonework when I have a bit more time. The civilians, a shepherd and his wife, are by Timeline Miniatures, I have quite a few more of their Border Reiver figures to paint but will have to track them down somewhere in the lead pile! Usually I label everything to keep track but have been reorganising it all in to plastic crates. The livestock are by Flags of War and are Cheviot sheep and Chillingham cattle.











10 comments:

  1. Nice work - I have the Timeline figures too, my buildings were scratch built and I used Pegasus 28mm plastic farm animals for my Borders livestock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks the Timeline figures are nice and chunky, good to paint. That’s a lot of work scratch built buildings but more satisfying no doubt.

      Delete
  2. That's a rather nice little collection of buildings!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some lovely real estate on show, a very nice collection and for Border conflicts you can't have too many civilians and livestock. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donnie, absolutely, nearly enough for a small village.

      Delete
  4. Nice looking building; love the civilians and farm animals!

    ReplyDelete

Early Carthaginians versus Pyrrhus in Sicily

  Armies deployed from the Epirot side From the Carthaginian side Epirot right flank Epirot centre all pike Epirot left flank Carthaginian r...