Monday, June 3, 2024

Spartacus Slave Revolt Game

 

Spartacus/Kirk Douglas



A command stand, Crixus?



Spartacus Slave Revolt Army deployed with camp



Slave revolt camp



The armies advance



Here are some photos of a Spartacus Slave Revolt, Hail Caesar game I played with Alan Traves down at the Vikings Club at Lanyon about nine years ago. I remembered this game and the photos I had of it because I've started painting some untrained slaves for my own Spartacus Slave Revolt army. Alan had a very nice army, mainly Foundry and 1st Corps figures, and they thrashed my Romans, another day of shame and ignominy for the legions! I have a lot of the same figures but also some of the excellent Companion Miniatures range of slave revolt figures which were actually sold by Aventine Miniatures for a while. Anyway they should be fun to paint.



Combat in the centre


A flank charge on the Roman right


The Legions flee!


Spartacus' army lives to fight another day


10 comments:

  1. Great looking game and the Spartacus army should be a nice project to do, looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking figures of a very interesting period, Mike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, it made me dig out my old WAB Spartacus supplement.

      Delete
  3. That is recognisably Spartacus! Lovely figures and look forward to seeing them in action!

    Cheers,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete

Early Carthaginians versus Pyrrhus in Sicily

  Armies deployed from the Epirot side From the Carthaginian side Epirot right flank Epirot centre all pike Epirot left flank Carthaginian r...