Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Irish Chieftain, Galloglass and Light Horse




 










Here's an Irish chieftain, some galloglass and light horse that I've just painted. The figures are by Redoubt Enterprises, except for four Perry Galloglass. A big thanks to Andy Grubb, the owner of Redoubt who included seven free additional figures with my order! They're excellent figures and I will definitely be ordering more as I paint up my Irish armies.

Two excellent new books on this subject have been published this year, both are beautifully illustrated and worth getting. The first is Of Kern and Gallowglasses Irish Armies of the 16th Century 1487-1587 by Robert Gresh published by Helion and Company. The second Galloglas From the Western Isles to Ireland by Dave Swift, Maximilian Bunk and Hagen Seehase published by Zeughaus Verlag.











6 comments:

  1. Lovely work on them, the Redoubt figures do look very nice, I like the Chieftain, the cloak looks great, nice collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent looking Gallowglass and chieftans, I'll have to check out the Redoubt figures and the books sound good too, this could prove an expensive post, well for me anyway!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, Redoubt have some great ranges and the books are really good too.

      Delete

Early Carthaginians versus Pyrrhus in Sicily

  Armies deployed from the Epirot side From the Carthaginian side Epirot right flank Epirot centre all pike Epirot left flank Carthaginian r...