Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Sassanid Clibanarii and Elephant

 








Here are some Sassanid Clibanarii that I've just finished painting and an elephant I painted about nine years ago. I've posted some photos of my 15mm Sassanids before but none of my 28mm figures. The clibanarii are Gripping Beast, except for a single A&A Miniatures figure, all with LBM shield transfers and the ellie and crew are all A&A. Once I've got a few more units painted, I'll try my Sassanids against my Late Romans in a Dux Bellorum game.









15 comments:

  1. Nice work. They are a lot more time consuming to paint than the 6mm equivalents I work with! Nice to see more Sassanids on display.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the Sassanids look good in any scale.

      Delete
  2. Both turned out well. There's something about the Sassanids I've always liked - might be the helmets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is the helmets for me too. Good work, Mike!

      Delete
    2. Thanks fmb and Jonathan, maybe the armour as well?

      Delete
  3. Lovely looking Sassanids! Can't beat an elephant!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking armored cavalry and elephant, Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Armoured horse and elephant(s); it does not get much better, especially when painted this well.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James, quite keen to finish some more of these, Happy New Year.

      Delete
  6. Great armoured horses! The whole project is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Tlaxcallan Command and Archers

  Here are some Tlaxcallan command stands and archers. The command figures with vine and crane banners are by the Assault Group and the arch...